The i-CAT scanner provides many advantages over traditional 2D scans. For example, the 3D scan taken by the i-CAT scanner allows you to fully see all the characteristics of your mouth, jaw, and teeth so that your doctor can provide a comprehensive solution that addresses each issue you may be experiencing. Other benefits include:
• Peace of mind for our patients. Because we use the scanner at the initial appointment, you’ll get the answers you’ve been waiting for almost immediately.
• The i-CAT scanner works quickly and efficiently, producing a 3D image before your appointment is over.
• Provides an easier and more comfortable experience for our patients. Most scans make patients, especially younger patients, feel uncomfortable and uneasy. However, the i-CAT scanner doesn’t involve poking and prodding in the mouth. Instead, patients get to sit in a comfortable chair and simply place their chin in an adjustable chin rest.
• Precise and accurate results. The 3D image taken by the scanner doesn’t just give a better representation of the facial structures, but it also provides more precise images allowing you to see minuscule details that could have otherwise gone unnoticed.
• Saves time. The i-CAT scanner is able to produce an image almost immediately, which gives your doctor all the information you need to make a decision about treatment in the first appointment. This saves you the time of coming back for more consultation appointments and gets the process for treatment moving much quicker